Dear Camp Restore Detroit Friends and Family,
Let’s catch up! Our newsletters have taken a couple weeks off as so much has been in a state of transition. Bethany’s internship came to an end, Elizabeth’s position as Associate CRD Director began and we have dealt with the realities of COVID all at the same time. For the next couple weeks, we will be working diligently to catch you up!
Still Suspended. When we last spoke, we had suspended camp for the summer. Nothing has changed with that decision, yet this has not stopped ministry from moving forward. Hopefully we will be able to bring in small volunteer groups for day projects soon!
Check out our Social Media. If you are not on our social media accounts, you may want to check those out. We will begin a 12 week series of posts on Facebook and Instagram as we work towards our fundraising goal. Mondays will be something short yet informative about Camp Restore and Fridays will be joyful moments with videos or pictures. Each post will have one last line that is a count down towards our goal.
New News. Our upcoming newsletter subjects are:
- New Staff & Summer Staff
- Team Restore & CRD Volunteer Leadership opportunities
- How our CRD family has been impacted by COVID & Protests
- New Community Website
- New Brochures
- Opportunities to get to Know CRD Virtually
#333 Campaign. Nearly our entire annual budget is brought in through our summer campers. We are determined not to be obnoxious as we work to raise our annual budget. We know times are difficult for many so we worked to set our goals at a level that hopefully seems manageable. Any and all support is appreciated, regardless of size. Our goal is to find 333 people to donate $20 per month. From here on out, we promise to only mention it in the last line of our newsletter, so you know how we are doing in our goal!
THANK YOU so very much for all of you that have already given!!! With the donations that have come in so far, we are already nearly a third of the way to our goal! Through your generous support, Camp Restore will be in the 9th Precinct for years to come.
Ways to Support CRD.
- Online at www.camprestore.org/donate/
- Set up through your bank. If you do this, please let us know so we can count you in our total!
- Mailed to 17100 Chalmers St. Detroit, MI 48205. Checks can be written to Camp Restore Detroit.
- Be ready for service events coming soon!
- Please pray for our community as Detroit was especially hard hit with COVID. Currently, as a whole, the city is doing much better and in recovery.
- Pray as we work with our community to meet many of the challenges that are before us as a team.